Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Lillian Guest

    Pain in groin area

    well embarrassing as it sounds to myself, i've been having some aches and pains in my lovely groin area on the right side only. it hurts most when i sit. like sitting ALL DAY long at my freakin desk job! anyway, i bought a chair cushion for my desk chair at work and that seemed to ease the pain a bit. but, then i switched my chair with another chair in the office which gives me a bit more support. today i feel even a bit better. when i stand i feel ok, but again if i sit it hurts. i'm convinced it is most likely the chair. but i'm concerned that maybe it could be something else. i had some tingling in my leg and foot a couple weeks ago. that got better and now it's the pain in the groin area. tingling has pretty much gone, may be slightly there, but not as bad. hubby tells me to go to the dr., but i was hoping with rest it would go away on its own. i do notice that when i'm home for the weekend it isn't nearly as bad as it is during the week, which is when i'm at work sitting in that stupid chair. what you guys think? i guess eventually i will go to the dr. if its not better by next week.
    Last edited by Lillian; Jul. 29/09 at 05:39 PM.

  2. Google
  3. #2
    NoLoveLost is offline Justice is Blind
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On the edge......
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
    well embarrassing as it sounds to myself, i've been having some aches and pains in my lovely groin area on the right side only. it hurts most when i sit. like sitting ALL DAY long at my freakin desk job! anyway, i bought a chair cushion for my desk chair at work and that seemed to ease the pain a bit. but, then i switched my chair with another chair in the office which gives me a bit more support. today i feel even a bit better. when i stand i feel ok, but again if i sit it hurts. i'm convinced it is most likely the chair. but i'm concerned that maybe it could be something else. i had some tingling in my leg and foot a couple weeks ago. that got better and now it's the pain in the groin area. tingling has pretty much gone, may be slightly there, but not as bad. hubby tells me to go to the dr., but i was hoping with rest it would go away on its own. i do notice that when i'm home for the weekend it isn't nearly as bad as it is during the week, which is when i'm at work sitting in that stupid chair. what you guys think? i guess eventually i will go to the dr. if its not better by next week.

    Just a guess, but maybe you just pulled something there, and the seat exasperates it.....

  4. #3
    Lillian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
    Just a guess, but maybe you just pulled something there, and the seat exasperates it.....

    i was kinda thinkin that myself. i'll try to rest it up and hopefully it will go away soon.
    thanks.

  5. #4
    flyinfree is offline aDvansT iN duM
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    4,518
    get your body warm, sit in the butteerfly, and rub it out real good

    maybe you just strained it a lil

    it probably makes you want to squat downa to stretch it out, don't do that. Take the weight off, get in a stretch and rub it out.

    hopw you feel better.

    I have had a pulled groin, bad, a few times.

  6. #5
    Hoss is offline mѡr // -v
    Join Date
    Feb 1973
    Location
    In Evo's Kilt
    Posts
    6,612
    Tingling in foot, one sided, pain, sitting too long.. Sounds like sciatica. Try some ibuprofen for a day and see if it gets better. I would definitely look into seeing a doctor if this doesn't go away, it can be VERY annoying.

  7. #6
    Lillian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinfree View Post
    get your body warm, sit in the butteerfly, and rub it out real good

    maybe you just strained it a lil

    it probably makes you want to squat downa to stretch it out, don't do that. Take the weight off, get in a stretch and rub it out.

    hopw you feel better.

    I have had a pulled groin, bad, a few times.
    thanks FF. i will try stretching it out when i get home.

  8. #7
    Lillian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Tingling in foot, one sided, pain, sitting too long.. Sounds like sciatica. Try some ibuprofen for a day and see if it gets better. I would definitely look into seeing a doctor if this doesn't go away, it can be VERY annoying.

    thanks! my hubby thought the same thing. it is VERY annoying. i hate sitting in a chair all day. it kills me. but such is life. need to make money. i'll definitely go to the dr. if it doesn't get better by like next week or so.

    appreciate everyone's advice on here. thanks again!

  9. #8
    Lillian Guest
    and to think i have to sit here for another FIVE friggin hours! ugh! i normally take a walk on my lunch just to get my legs moving. but lately it seems the more i sit, the more uncomfortable i get. i can't stand it. i feel like i need to be in sweatpants or baggy pants to be even somewhat comfortable while seated b/c everything else is bothering me right now. ugh! is it time to go home yet?

  10. #9
    NoLoveLost is offline Justice is Blind
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On the edge......
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
    and to think i have to sit here for another FIVE friggin hours! ugh! i normally take a walk on my lunch just to get my legs moving. but lately it seems the more i sit, the more uncomfortable i get. i can't stand it. i feel like i need to be in sweatpants or baggy pants to be even somewhat comfortable while seated b/c everything else is bothering me right now. ugh! is it time to go home yet?
    Maybe you could go pick up a gel seat to alleviate some of the pressure.....

  11. #10
    Lillian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
    Maybe you could go pick up a gel seat to alleviate some of the pressure.....
    well i do have a memory foam chair pad which helps a bit. i'm just uncomfortable. i just got back from my walk on my lunch break. that felt better to stand and move around. now i'm back to the chair...ugh...LOL! only four more hours to go! then i get to sit in the car on the way home. fun! god i can't wait to workout tonight!

  12. #11
    Lillian Guest
    well i'm home and i feel better already. gonna workout soon too.

  13. #12
    Hanna2120 is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2

    pain in groin

    Hey Lillian
    It is definately from sitting too much...and yes you have to make a living.
    It can be coming from your lower back and well as from in the groin area. Do you have good support for your back? Tight pants that bind the hip and groin area can also cause problems. There has been a big news story on the new tight leg jeans causing tingly leg syndrome. Also you may have recently done some activity that strained the area probably something that was so insignificant it didn't really stand out but if you think hare you may remember something. Possibly sitting cross legged on the floor. Then it got aggrivated by your regular sitting routine. Is it possible for you to set a timer and every 45 minutes just stand for a minute walk to the water cooler. Water is good for you too.

  14. #13
    Lillian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna2120 View Post
    Hey Lillian
    It is definately from sitting too much...and yes you have to make a living.
    It can be coming from your lower back and well as from in the groin area. Do you have good support for your back? Tight pants that bind the hip and groin area can also cause problems. There has been a big news story on the new tight leg jeans causing tingly leg syndrome. Also you may have recently done some activity that strained the area probably something that was so insignificant it didn't really stand out but if you think hare you may remember something. Possibly sitting cross legged on the floor. Then it got aggrivated by your regular sitting routine. Is it possible for you to set a timer and every 45 minutes just stand for a minute walk to the water cooler. Water is good for you too.
    thanks! i agree. i think i probably hurt myself and then the chair at work i had wasn't supporting me, so i switched chairs. i'm small and i had this HUGE chair that i didn't fit into at all. i feel much better now! thanks. unfortunately we do not have a water cooler. i bring my own filtered water. but, i walk to the bathroom and back and i've incorporated some quick exercises before the boss comes in...hehe! i also walk on my lunch break everyday. i drink a whole lot of water too. i love it!

Similar Threads

  1. groin injury over two months
    By fate1918 in forum Injury Prevention and Recovery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep. 07/08, 04:24 PM
  2. Powering Through a Pulled Groin?
    By JethroTull in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb. 07/08, 09:14 PM
  3. Shin (area) pain
    By cbolding in forum Injury Prevention and Recovery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 26/06, 05:34 AM
  4. Worried about Groin
    By Tomu La in forum Open Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May. 15/06, 07:47 PM
  5. I have a wierd pain in my chest area(LONG POST)
    By sunten1 in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct. 03/05, 03:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Members: 202,372
Threads: 47,571
Posts: 399,488
Top Poster: Karky (9,817)
Welcome to our newest member, Blmabry
Traning motivation for...
Last post by GregaBole ( 0 Replies )
Today 07:55 AM in Supplements
hello =)
Last post by Lian10233 ( 0 Replies )
Today 07:41 AM in New Member Intro
Ryan's Journal
Last post by Goldfish ( 1,154 Replies )
Today 05:33 AM in Journal
What is traction and...
Last post by ezstretchnflex ( 0 Replies )
Undiagnosed shin pain
Last post by CrazyOldMan ( 1 Replies )

Body Building | Supplements | Weight Loss | Sports |