Health Beverages Questionnaire
Last edited by mark; Sep. 16/04 at 01:41 PM.
Couldn't PM or email it
Occupation High school student
1 What health beverages do you drink most often?
>Water, or a whey protein milk shake.
2 If not a health beverage consumer, why?
>I don't like most of the stuff on the market (like Gatorade), because it's filled with sugar and/or artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours and food colouring. I want something without all that crap.
3 What do you you think might make you become more interested in health beverages?
>If there were some naturally flavoured, unsweetened sports drinks without all those additives.
4 what times of day, and how often do you drink health beverages?
> I work out 4 times per week, and I have a whey shake after each workout.
5 What benefits do you get from health beverages?
>Supposedly it gives me the benefit of more protein with which to repair my muscles after a workout. I haven't seen any ground-breaking difference though, but I haven't been doing it very long, so I'm going to keep at it.
6 Do you prepare your own health beverages or do you buy from a store/juice bar?
>If mixing my own in my blender count, then yes, I prepare them myself.
7 If you prepare health beverages at home, why do you choose to do so?
>Because there isn't a blender at the YMCA I usually workout at
8 If making at home, do you find it a convenient process? Do you use a juicer/blender/extruder?
>Yep & yep.
9 What would you improve about the experience of making the beverage?
>A less chemically-taste would be nice.
10 Is cleanup simple? What might you want to see changed to make cleaning easier?
>A self-cleaning blender might be nice? Hehe.
11 Do you keep your beverage in its original container, or do you transfer it to a transportable container? (e.g. Carrying bottle or thermos)
12 If you do transport your beverage, can you think of anything that would make the experience of transporting your beverage easier or more enjoyable?
13 What do you look for when buying a health or sport beverage? What do you think attracts you the most?
>Depends, I look for either hydration or protein.
14 What overall experience around your favorite health beverage would you like to have that is missing?
>Sports drinks that don't taste like medicine and/or cleaning agents, and further don't have those gross tastes masked by sugar and artifical flavour.
15 Complete this sentence: Health beverages are something I wouldn't buy until there are some better choices on the market.
Good luck, hope you get an A+!
Occupation : Special Forces Trainee
1) Isopure protein and Gatorade
4) drink protein post workout every time and Gatorade often during the day
5) Replenish the fuel supply and hydrate my muscle cells as well as improve all bodily functions through hydration. Protein helps to rebuild what I break down.
6) I prep my own.
7) I do it myself because I don't need all the junk they put into most off the shelf drinks. I also want to know EXACTLY what it is I am drinking. I also don't care for the cost of the alternative.
8) I find the process painless and fast with my hand blender. I could mix the protein drink almost as easily because good protein absorbs easily.
9) If there was a better system for extracting the Gatorade powder from the jar without spilling.
10) Cleanup is simple except for Gatorade. I use the powder so that I can control the amounts, and it spills easily. Gatorade also stains very easily, so I have to be more cautious than normal.
11) I transfer my protein to a tall cup for blending. I put Gatorade into an indestructible Nalgene bottle or into my camelback depending on what I'm doing.
13) I look at the ingredients the most. The only thing I need is protein, simple sugars, and electrolytes with potassium. I look to make sure that drinks are not overloaded with sugar and other unnecessary additives.
14) I would like to see a Gatorade mix that is not full strength. Most serious athletes mix Gatorade half and half with water to reduce its potency. Full strength Gatorade just has too much sugar and sodium to hydrate properly. It is great for sustained sports activities, but not good for regular hydration.
15) Health beverages are a very important part of my training regiment.
By M.J. Quiocho in forum Articles and Research
Last Post: Mar. 08/08, 08:48 AM
By dc5_leesuh in forum New Member Intro
Last Post: Sep. 04/06, 07:24 PM
By retired_Craig in forum Body Building
Last Post: Apr. 15/04, 04:58 AM
By Timmay1018 in forum Weight Training
Last Post: Jan. 14/04, 11:44 PM
Top Poster: Karky