Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    freshprince is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    nutrition for a 14 year old

    what should i eat if im a 14 year old boy who is trying to get buff ?
    i weight 130lbs and im 5ft. 5in.

  2. Google
  3. #2
    GameyHarp is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Laurium, MI
    Posts
    33
    Suck down all the shakes and pound down as much fast food as you can while you still have the metabolism!

  4. #3
    Michaelm2 is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    19
    Just eat extra helpings. Thats all I need to do to gain weight. At dinner ask for 2 plates of spaghetti instead of 1, at lunch get two meals at school instead of 1 etc.

    If you don't have a local gym I just reccomend doing the basics: push ups and sit ups. Dumb bells will help build your biceps too (triceps as well if you wish) if you have any over there, the heavier the better (as long as you can do at least 8 reps non stop).

    This is just assuming you don't have much to work with, I had a local gym but most times I worked out at home when I was 14, but I got really buff that year fast, I was younger then and its way easier to get healthy/ buff as a younger person.

    If you do have a gym and stuff like that, there's probably a ton more stuff you can do.

    You shouldn't be lifting too heavy if you have acess to those type of weights because it could stunt your growth, I avoided all of that and I'm nearly 6'0 now, that'll be cool if I can grow taller but I'm probably done growing.

  5. #4
    evolution is offline I love me some Mreik
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Behind Mreik, waxing his back
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelm2 View Post

    You shouldn't be lifting too heavy if you have acess to those type of weights because it could stunt your growth, I avoided all of that and I'm nearly 6'0 now, that'll be cool if I can grow taller but I'm probably done growing.
    Lifting does not stunt your growth. Please do your research before you spout out stuff that is not true.

  6. #5
    evolution is offline I love me some Mreik
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Behind Mreik, waxing his back
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince View Post
    what should i eat if im a 14 year old boy who is trying to get buff ?
    i weight 130lbs and im 5ft. 5in.
    What does your intake look like now?

  7. #6
    purk is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    hey im right there with ya. Im14 years old and also about 5 foot 5. and i also need to get buff so yeah. hahahah

    ill be watching this thread

  8. #7
    Short Fuse is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by purk View Post
    hey im right there with ya. Im14 years old and also about 5 foot 5. and i also need to get buff so yeah. hahahah

    ill be watching this thread
    Dont expect people to help you. If you give them nothing, I hope they give you nothing too.

  9. #8
    purk is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    haha


    i dont no anything

    thats why i came to this forum
    to learn something

  10. #9
    Oldspice is offline First Set
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by GameyHarp View Post
    Suck down all the shakes and pound down as much fast food as you can while you still have the metabolism!
    This is terrible advice. How many obese kids do you see running around these days? A lot...Being young doesn't justify to eat everything in sight and become fat. If he eats too much, he WILL GET FAT. I've seen a ton of kids in their early teens take advice like this and become slobs by the time they're 16-17...

    You should treat your body just like everyone else. Find out how many calories you eat to maintain your weight. Then add 500 calories a day to this number...You should gain 1lb a week. You will put a little fat on, but this is the best way to achieve results. Don't be stupid and eat everything in site.

    Also, eat 1g of protein per LBM. This would be about 115g of protein a day for you. Do this and you should be fine.

    Also, try to limit your sugar...Your young, so i understand you might want to enjoy some sugary beverages, but just monitor the calories.

  11. #10
    Michaelm2 is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Lifting does not stunt your growth. Please do your research before you spout out stuff that is not true.
    My bad man, but it's true to an extent if you look it up. I had to learn about it in pe/ gym as a kid. They may have been exaggerating it though because the "stunted" people they showed us were very buff even at the age of 10-14.

  12. #11
    freshprince is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    my intake is cereal in the morning. and then when i get to school. i drink some milk. eat a sandwhich or a pizza. and when i come back from school i eat a snack. and whatever my mom makes for dinner.

  13. #12
    freshprince is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelm2 View Post
    Just eat extra helpings. Thats all I need to do to gain weight. At dinner ask for 2 plates of spaghetti instead of 1, at lunch get two meals at school instead of 1 etc.

    If you don't have a local gym I just reccomend doing the basics: push ups and sit ups. Dumb bells will help build your biceps too (triceps as well if you wish) if you have any over there, the heavier the better (as long as you can do at least 8 reps non stop).

    This is just assuming you don't have much to work with, I had a local gym but most times I worked out at home when I was 14, but I got really buff that year fast, I was younger then and its way easier to get healthy/ buff as a younger person.

    If you do have a gym and stuff like that, there's probably a ton more stuff you can do.

    You shouldn't be lifting too heavy if you have acess to those type of weights because it could stunt your growth, I avoided all of that and I'm nearly 6'0 now, that'll be cool if I can grow taller but I'm probably done growing.
    are you saying that i dont give you enough information to work with. or i dont weigh alot. cuz i dont understand what you are trying to say.

  14. #13
    DianeLambert is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Lifting does not stunt your growth. Please do your research before you spout out stuff that is not true.
    Lifting most certainly can stunt your growth. Any hardening of the bone, whichh stress can do, will inhibit growth. There is a reason all gymnast are short. Of course\ they don't lift free weights, but they engage in resistance training all the time.

  15. #14
    TCC
    TCC is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29
    Go buy, and then read, Starting Strength - Rippetoe/Kilgore. Then go read "Massive Eating" - Berardi. Then go buy a gallon of whole milk and drink one of them a day.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan. 03/08, 04:18 AM
  2. Nutrition
    By Mattb22 in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun. 12/07, 07:57 AM
  3. 21 year-old male with 30 year female problem
    By verbrechen in forum Member Photos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec. 21/06, 03:28 PM
  4. How far would you go for nutrition?
    By Nobody in forum Nutrition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov. 16/05, 09:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Members: 203,118
Threads: 47,584
Posts: 399,253
Top Poster: Karky (9,801)
Welcome to our newest member, GXWUL
I am changing my life.
Last post by Sure! ( 6 Replies )
Today 06:35 PM in Journal
Ryan's Journal
Last post by Sure! ( 1,199 Replies )
Today 06:21 PM in Journal
I'm still Sure!
Last post by Sure! ( 372 Replies )
Today 06:20 PM in Journal
Don't try this at home
Last post by CrazyOldMan ( 790 Replies )
Today 02:40 AM in Journal
Old School New Body
Last post by jeanfitness3 ( 6 Replies )
Sep. 27/14 11:18 AM in Weight Loss

Body Building | Supplements | Weight Loss | Sports |