Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    xxbabygurl is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91

    Unhappy What's the EASIEST way to lose fat for your calves?

    I'm a thirteen year old female attending grade eight in a high school in B.C., Canada. I am 4'9ish? and sadly, I weigh 100lbs.

    I want to lose around 5-10lbs but at the same time, lose fat in my calves and thighs...ESPECIALLY my calves!!! I don't do any special excercises but I have P.E. in school and I joined the basketball team. But i might drop out of basketball 'cause I don't wanna show my calves when I have to wear shorts in the games. =/
    I have NO idea what to do to lose fat because i know that running makes your calves BIGGER. Will jumping rope help? If so, how long and often should I jump?

  2. Google
  3. #2
    LeiYunFat is offline We are all one
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    5,550
    You're crazy. If you're going to lose fat, running is a good exercise. You've been here long enough to know that spot reduction does NOT work. The only way you can loose fat anywhere is to lose fat everywhere. If you want to do something low impact, try the swimming team. Hopefully it can stretch you out and get your legs slender.

  4. #3
    xxbabygurl is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by LeiYunFat
    You're crazy. If you're going to lose fat, running is a good exercise. You've been here long enough to know that spot reduction does NOT work. The only way you can loose fat anywhere is to lose fat everywhere. If you want to do something low impact, try the swimming team. Hopefully it can stretch you out and get your legs slender.
    But I heard that running makes your calves have more muscle, therefore making your calf bigger. I want long slim legs but I don't swim especially since it's winter where I am! Can you suggest how long and how fast I should run on the treadmill? Thanks =)
    And I just measured my calves so if you want to know, it's 14.5 inches . that looks really gross since im so short... But I'll keep running and excercising and watching what i eat
    Last edited by xxbabygurl; Dec. 01/05 at 08:35 PM.

  5. #4
    Schmidt1989 is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    17
    Well, my sister (shes also 13) joined the swim team this year and she went down a pant size, and its just the beginning of the season. and i live in a very cold place too, so dont tell me you cant do the swim team because of where you live. but anyhow, thats false, running does not make your calves bigger, nobody told you that, your just going off what you know about exercise, which apparently isnt much. running and swimming will make your legs smaller, garanteed. Especially watch what you eat, keep running, try the swim team, and if you dont want to do that, at least do some static bike, that wont help your calves but it will help the fat on your thighs and help your speed at basketball.
    Good luck,
    Schmidt1989

  6. #5
    xxbabygurl is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt1989
    Well, my sister (shes also 13) joined the swim team this year and she went down a pant size, and its just the beginning of the season. and i live in a very cold place too, so dont tell me you cant do the swim team because of where you live. but anyhow, thats false, running does not make your calves bigger, nobody told you that, your just going off what you know about exercise, which apparently isnt much. running and swimming will make your legs smaller, garanteed. Especially watch what you eat, keep running, try the swim team, and if you dont want to do that, at least do some static bike, that wont help your calves but it will help the fat on your thighs and help your speed at basketball.
    Good luck,
    Schmidt1989
    Thank you so much. =) I'm going to keep running but I don't have a bike. I dont really like swimming but even if I did, my school doesnt have a swim team.

  7. #6
    Schmidt1989 is offline In Orientation
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    17
    ok that sounds good, but the most important thing to remember is diet. also, my school either has a swim team. i swim for my local YMCA, i dunno if you have those in canada though.

  8. #7
    xxbabygurl is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt1989
    ok that sounds good, but the most important thing to remember is diet. also, my school either has a swim team. i swim for my local YMCA, i dunno if you have those in canada though.
    no...we don't have one for the community. anyways, the community centre pool is under construction and will be ready sometime in 2006...it's supposed to be reaaallly amazing.

  9. #8
    Tnuac is offline Warming Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    64
    sounds great Until then just focus on jogging and, even though it may develop a bit of muscle, it will certainly lose more fat. Once you get more muscle, you can run further, making it a sort of chain effect. 14.5" isn't really too bad..has anyone ever made a comment about it or is it just yourself telling them that its too bad to wear shorts?

  10. #9
    banana is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4

    Thumbs up calves

    my mom also has large calves. my old boyfriend would make comments about how he wished he could have calves like hers! (he was very skinny and it was hard for him to gain muscle) I don't think you should hide them - use them to your advantage! Since you are naturally muscular, you should continue in sports and you will excell! Just based on your height, have you considered gymnastics? I was never able to get enough leg power to be really good at it! Embrace your body, be healthy, active, and confident, and everyone will be JEALOUS of your muscular legs!

  11. #10
    RunnerGirl is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3
    There is an exercise on the treadmill that I saw on TV over the weekend that celebrities use for calves. You set the treadmill at a med-fast walking pace and each minute you increase the incline level of the treadmill by 1 level. After 2 minutes at the highest incline, you decrease the incline by one level each minute to end the exercise.

    Wearing heels helps too, but I would recommend gradually doing that as well.

Similar Threads

  1. The Easiest Way to Lesson Knee and Back Pain
    By Fitnessdotcom in forum Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 14/09, 10:00 PM
  2. What type of squat is easiest on the knees?
    By realworksuks in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jul. 25/08, 11:24 AM
  3. Easiest way to lose 10 pounds of fat?
    By Deeproy in forum Personal Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov. 26/05, 05:06 PM
  4. Calves
    By modfrk281 in forum Young Athlete Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct. 17/04, 10:34 PM
  5. CaLvEs!!
    By NiKKi in forum Young Athlete Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar. 31/04, 07:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Members: 203,115
Threads: 47,584
Posts: 399,248
Top Poster: Karky (9,801)
Welcome to our newest member, berta10
I am changing my life.
Last post by CrazyOldMan ( 3 Replies )
Today 03:43 AM in Journal
Ryan's Journal
Last post by CrazyOldMan ( 1,198 Replies )
Today 02:48 AM in Journal
Don't try this at home
Last post by CrazyOldMan ( 790 Replies )
Today 02:40 AM in Journal
Old School New Body
Last post by jeanfitness3 ( 6 Replies )
Sep. 27/14 11:18 AM in Weight Loss
Need help with diet plan
Last post by palufitness ( 11 Replies )
Sep. 26/14 09:29 PM in Nutrition

Body Building | Supplements | Weight Loss | Sports |