where to go, what to do
I have to say that I am quiet lazy, I keep saying I'll do this and that but in the end don't I'm 5.2 and around 81kg so not healthy at all.
I work shifts (long days/nights) so I have 3-4 free days a week where I can be active. I am shortly due to start Handball training which is for 2 hrs a week, I have an exercise bike at home which I should be using more and I'm thinking of taking up tennis again - having a personal coach for 1 hr a week due to working shifts, or social sessions and I can get unlimited membership to use my local leisure centers. I am not a gym girl and prefer group classes. I love swimming but don't want to go until I lose some weight.
So without going to the gym what is the best for me to get healthier/fitter and lose weight?
You can't out train a bad diet, so look to start there. Diet makes up about 80% and weight training/cardio will take care of the other 20%
Honestly, it takes self will and perseverance. Nothing else. Of course exercise helps too. But you must have mind set of how much you really want to lose the weight.
Just try to read all of my suggestion and if possible add those in your daily current routine accordingly:
• It is true that that eating small, healthy meals throughout the day increases metabolism and maintains glucose levels. When glucose remains steady and your body is burning calories efficiently, you are less likely to binge or overeat. Aim for three small meals a day with snacks in between, and get in the habit of planning ahead. When you have sliced fruits and vegetables, a whole-grain sandwich or a yogurt parfait waiting in the fridge, you're more likely to eat healthfully instead of settling for less-wholesome options.
• Children and teens indulge in soda pop more often than other groups, putting them at high risk not only for obesity, but also for diabetes and osteoporosis. One 12-oz. can of soda equals about 150 liquid sugar calories, so busting a daily habit saves around 1,000 calories a week. If you are trying to conquer your soda dependency, sip seltzer water or water with lemon zest, instead. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fruit juice to the seltzer if you're fighting off a sweets attack, but don't overdo it. Juice is packed with sugar and calories.
• Teenage girls who are courageous enough to acknowledge their need for help and support will be more successful in their weight loss programs. When you verbalize accountability needs to a friend or family member who will help track your workouts and diet habits, you'll be more motivated and less likely to cheat. Remember to have your buddy firmly, but constructively, remind you of your weight loss goals if you begin to fall off the wagon.
• While the risks and benefits of weight lifting for younger adolescents is a controversial subject, teenage girls can work all major muscle groups safely, efficiently and portably with resistance tubing. Resistance exercises help you build lean muscle, which improves metabolism and allows your body to burn fat more efficiently.
• When you're exercising to lose weight, it is critical that you pair resistance training with cardiovascular training. Cardio workouts increase lean muscle and metabolism while burning fat calories. Becoming familiar with your "fat burning zone," which is 60 to 80 percent of your Maximum Heart Rate, is the best way to ensure you're benefiting from your workout.
Keep in mind that the simplest way of calculating your Maximum Heart Rate is to subtract your age from 220, and multiply the difference by .60 and .80. The resulting number ranges indicates your Target Heart Rate Zone--the number of heart beats per minute required to burn fat and condition your heart.
Top Poster: Karky