If you want another way to manipulate m.p.h and incline on a treadmill for a good cardio workout, here's one I use to stay in shape for hockey................
Originally Posted by Lettuce
Try this ...
- Set the treadmill mph at 10 ( or 12 ).
- Set the incline at 10 ( or 12 ).
- Get on, straddle the deck as it is running, then jump on as it is going at the 10/10 setting ...essentially you hit the deck running " flat out ".
- Do the 10/10 run for a minute or so , or until your legs have some lactic acid ' burning ' feel and / or you can't go on.
- then quickly hop off.
- After you hop off the treadmill ( it is still running at 10/10 by the way ) walk around the treadmill to recover and check your pulse all the while.
- I wait till my pulse rate drops to about 65%+ of my max +/- heart rate
- then, once you hit 65%+, hop back on the treadmill for your 10/10 run for a minute interval as before.
.....I'd do a total of 12 or 15 of the 10/10 1 minute runs as a good workout to both burn calories and for a cardio conditioning workout.