Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: HITT explained

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,212
    when people talk about the physiqs of marathon runners versus sprinters,its a bit unfair firstly most sprinters lift weights,distance runners dont want muscle as it would slow them down carrying it over a long distance,also you can do ss-cardio without going crazy ie 10 15 mile runs,doing 1hr of ss isnt going to make you a skinny guy,and also remember most sprinters only do about 25% of there training at a high intensity the other 75% is med to low intensity,you really cant do HIIT everyday so use a bit of both.

  2.  
    Hi R.Lewis,

    take a look here:
    what does hitt stand for

  3. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    24
    OMFG thanks dudeeee I looked for that

    Love youuu

  4. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perv Parlor
    Posts
    2,741
    Hey Cameron940, thanks for the kudos.

  5. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12
    This HIIT workout method is very interesting, it's caught my interest. I may have to try it out to see how well it works for me. Thanks for the introduction.

  6. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    211

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by standAPART View Post

    _________And honestly, all I saw was a classic interval session.

    Yep....just a simply interval with mixed times and maybe an increase in speed level or incline. Thats not real HIIT people...

    Real HIIT is INTENSE...real HIIT makes you want to barf, pass out, or lie down. Real HIIT tests you..every session...
    _________
    Hey there,
    So I guess I was using classic interval session then? I use one of the treadmill's labeled "interval"...wasn't sure if it was HIIT or not. Walk-run-sprint thing..it starts off slow then builds up the speed. My left shin starts hurting if I pound on it too hard (running) so I won't sprinttoo much, lol.

  7. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    209
    I just started to do HIIT.

    I do it on an elliptical trainer, so when i go to sprint I should crank up the resistance so that I will only last around 1 minute right? Then jog for 2 minutes and sprint again.

    I do this for about 20 minutes right? That was the time that I read on this thread.

    Just checking :P

  8. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    I really like this idea, Is this similar to doing super sets with weights?

  9. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    33
    joe1104

    Wouldn't it be better to express this in heart-rate (vMax) percentages?

  10. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1
    It important to remember when performing a HiiT session that you have your heart rate zones set up correctly. I read this for HiiT training the other day and thought I'd share it with the forum.

    If you need to know how to set up your HR training zones, this is a

    Cheers
    Stan

  11. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3

    HITT explained

    Very well explained

    There is actually a great book out there called The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson that delves into this

  12.  
    Hi R.Lewis,

    take a look here:
    what does hitt stand for

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. I Need Some T-Nation Exercises Explained
    By Rakoczy in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan. 26/08, 07:01 PM
  2. Body Fat & Total Weight? Explained.
    By AllCdnBoy in forum Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov. 30/07, 07:10 AM
  3. What is HITT?
    By Trikz in forum Body Image
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep. 30/06, 01:08 AM
  4. HITT how often?
    By Sibba in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug. 29/06, 06:42 PM
  5. Hitt
    By believeryes in forum Interval Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun. 29/05, 03:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Body Building | Supplements | Weight Loss | Sports |