Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Has anyone tried cardio kickboxing?

Hi,
    I am 20 years old 5'4 and 150 pounds (female). I am trying to lose anywhere between 15-20 pounds. I have always wanted to get into boxing and was wondering if anyone here has tried and/or if it is a good fat burning workout. Your thoughts would be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I am new to the forum!

Hi Ang355,

take a look here:
    Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder

3. Google
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang355 View Post
    Hi,
    I am 20 years old 5'4 and 150 pounds (female). I am trying to lose anywhere between 15-20 pounds. I have always wanted to get into boxing and was wondering if anyone here has tried and/or if it is a good fat burning workout. Your thoughts would be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I am new to the forum!
    Boxing as an exercise is one of the best!
    Be prepared to really work up a great sweat though.

Still, it doesn't matter what you do if your eating habits aren't mostly healthy.

Jason Salamone

I have been doing cardio kick boxing since June. I go twice a week at my school. I have seen amazing results, and would probably see more if I went more often. Be ready to sweat and get your heat pumping. If you haven’t worked out in awhile your first class will be rough. Stick with it though.

It's a good calorie burning workout, but fat loss is coming from diet, so make sure that's your number one goal - a good diet. Weight training is the best exercise for fat loss, though.

Junkiex Guest
    Cardio kickboxing is an AMAZING exercise. As everyone else has pointed out, be ready to sweat and work hard! But it is worth it, believe me. Yo see results real fast. This is a very intensive routine.

I usually do weight training / running / stationary bike, but some years ago I really gained a lot of weight and started to do cardio kickboxing. I lost like 20 pounds in a couple of months. Now I know this is not completely healthy, but back then I was thrilled.

So yeah, go ahead and enjoy it, sweat a lot, eat right and you'll see impressive results

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I found a place near where I live that offers kickboxing. I am going to start on Monday! I cant wait. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. It will be a great way to relieve some anxiety too. I also plan on hitting the gym again, ive honestly been slacking lately...not good I know... But I know that I am the only one who can take action and change what is making me unhappy. No more excuses for this girl!

Oh, and one question. Is it true that I wont lose any weight unless I am completely hydrated all day?

A Great Workout!

Cardio Kickboxing is an amazing workout! Plus, it's a great way to enjoy your workout, we get many people who come in because they are bored of conventional gyms and realize they don't give the needed motivation. Classes with an instructor gives a lot more motivation to complete and do your best, also if you truly enjoy learning the techniques you can get in to great shape and forget your even getting all the positive physical and mental benefits.

Look for a gym that has some credibility behind their techniques and teachings. Such as successful competitors. You don't need to fight, but if you choose a gym that has competitors you know you're being taught properly.
    Last edited by PLBFitness; Aug. 10/11 at 12:00 PM. Reason: removed advertising

I've heard a lot of good reviews and articles regarding cardio-kickboxing workout as a good fat burner. I guess diet and doing this workout will deliver a better result.
    Last edited by Pwillows; Dec. 09/11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: advertising

Haven't tried it, but a friend of mine does,. And yeah, its effective as fat-burning exercise. And she really lose weight after months of doing this. You just have to match it with a proper and healthy diet. Good luck!

Dr. Michael Cohen

I love cardio kickboxing. I have done classes at the gym, but actually prefer working out using workout dvds. Billy Blanks Tae Bo is an awesome style of kickboxing that is accessible to everyone. It really gets your heart rate up and does a lot of toning too, especially around your mid section. Billy Blanks is a martial arts expert so he is really big on technique and is also highly motivational.
    Kickboxing is definitely one of the best ways to shed fat fast!

HI,

I am pretty new to the forums myself, I have came across yours post while searching for kickboxing workout information. I was wondering if you ever came across any useful information on boxing or kickboxing or Thai boxing for fat burning. They are very similar, I believe. I have read some of the what seemed to be helpful blog post on http://kickboxingtraininggear.com about the subject. I was thinking of joining a Thai Boxing program in my area http://www.rebelthaiboxing.com or a I love kickboxing program, which are in a few different areas in Long Island New York.
    I appreciate any information on the different types and fat burning.

Thanks

I do Body Combat (a form of Cardio Kickboxing) once a week and I love it! Try it out, see what you think. Then, try it with a different instructor, if possible. there are many different types of kickboxing (some more cardio based, some more combat-based) and everyone teaches it a bit differently.

If anyone want to have gym equipment it might be New or Used, depend on you and your budget please visit at https://www.commercialfitnessequipment.com.au/.

Hi Ang355,

take a look here:
    Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder