Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to improve flexability?

I am researching how to improve my flexibility for a project for school and would appreciate any helpful tips and information on the topic

Are you looking for some specific muscle group? Or just general flexibility?

Stretching, trigger point and active stretch is the most effective for flexibility.

Aloha & HowZit Nickoran!

Researching on your topic there general to specific things you must observe and question?
    I am not going into detail but "share" so to generate your interest to pursue more into "flexibity."

The things I have understood in regards to "stretching" is realizing What-permits motion and What-provides bodily-movement when stretching and most importantly "Who" is doing the stretch.

The most significant thing that compromises healthy-flexibility is not giving a stretching-exercise its time to proerly-stretch? It is not so much "what your stretching" but more so "how you are feeling when stretching?"
    There other inner-points of interest in reference to "improved-flexibility" that must be shared but for now...its all good.

What will allow you to make your researh on your topic more understandable is your actual participation
    in regards to your own "flexibility". By this you can elimanate what is useless and keep what is useful so inturn you will the information "use-friendly" - in other words "Humanly-healthy."

hope what it is I shared will help "stretch" your thinking to discover more on Flexibility!

Aloha for now...mikey q.

WOw great info

Stretching exercises are only performed when muscles are warm and the body temperature is raised. Effective stretching involves applying force to the body’s muscles, which must be held just beyond a feeling of pain and needs to be held for the correct amount of time(20-40 seconds). If held too long, the muscle will become too loose and stretchy.
    In order to progress you need to do stretching exercises every day.

Saraeasyfit Guest
    Active stretch and stretching!

Heated up your muscle tissue with 10 to 15 moments of cardiovascular activity. You should never expand cool muscles. Jog, pattern, swimming or stroll quickly before extending.

Thanks for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstips View Post
    Heated up your muscle tissue with 10 to 15 moments of cardiovascular activity. You should never expand cool muscles. Jog, pattern, swimming or stroll quickly before extending.
    Hey, stretching can be one of the main reasons for athletes to stay healthy during their workouts. By healthy I mean being able to play a full season. For us regulars' stretching will ensure that we can stay routine with our workouts, without having to sit out some sessions b/c of a torn muscle. Thanks for your info on this.

Also, note that there are other way to help get important info like this to people who need it. Having a strong website with great SEO or youtube channel with great educational video will help spread the wealth of knowledge. Also, if you are a personal trainer or gym these tools are great ways to gain more members and increase your position as an expert in the industry.

~Matt

2guyscreative.com
    2guyscreative@gmail.com

Stretching is very important and often over looked. Try stretching a couple times a week, maybe even 5 minutes at night. I bet your body will feel the difference and you will never wonder if stretching is neccessary again.

CrazyOldMan is offline Blood, check, sweat, check, tears, check. That's the warm up done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasim24 View Post
    Yes that's absolutely right, yoga is the only exercise which will improve the flexibility. Yoga is also helpful to control our breath. It keeps our body slim and shape it well.........
    As proven by the total lack of flexible gymnasts, dancers, martial artists etc. There can be no flexibility without sitting looking at candles or adopting yoga poses.
    Yoga is good for many but people declaring only one way to achieve something are to be avoided or challenged at least.

Hi Nickoran,
    To improve flexibility, do stretching and yoga on regular basis and manage stress with regular physical activities.

Stretching is relatively easy but requires dedication. Start with a good warm up and joint rotations. Then hold the specific stretch for about 1 minute each side, shake it out, loosen up with some more rotations and then hold the stretch again for about one minute each side. Repeat again.

When holding a stretch you don't want to feel sharp pains, you want to push into a mild discomfort but not too far. Make sure all your joints a properly aligned. Posture is incredibly important when stretching, avoid hunching.

Hope this helps!

Yoga can do miracles for flexibility and agility. You don't need to do 2 hours of yoga each day. Just find the exercises that you truly need.

One thing that really helped me get more flexible was the use of yoga. It helped my muscles and whole body just be more flexible.

yoga is phenomenal when done properly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast