Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Why do you do bodyweight training?

Hi,

I am part of a team setting up a new website around bodyweight training and calisthenics. In order for us to develop our content so that it is of the utmost use to our visitors, we are conducting some research on why people do bodyweight training.

Here is a link to our short 5 minute survey:

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Our website is to be used as a hub at the centre of the bodyweight training community and provides resources for our visitors to read articles, become motivated and find trainers and programs which can help them achieve their fitness goals.

Visit us on if you'd like to see what we're about.

Any response would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Bodyweight Arena Team.

2. Google
    It is all about playing! Being fit, agile, and having fun.

That makes sense because body gets a good results if we make this kinda effort and its the need of us where we are surrounded from this sort of things so yeah mate you should do it on daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure! View Post
    It is all about playing! Being fit, agile, and having fun.
    That pretty much sums it up for me.
    Now if you want the long answer: bodyweight training, to me, is about owning your body and controlling it. Controlling the way it moves, but also the way it doesn’t yield sometimes. It’s about the feeling of being healthy, and those rare and valuable moments of ease and clarity in motion.

I like this question. Body weight training to me is not only about gaining strength and functionality but also about cultivating the facility that is our body to be better able to perform and execute the physical skills and abilities that we love to do the most and or that we aspire to one day be able to do ourselves.

Hi,

I am a fitness trainer. so it's my passion and profession without which i can't live without.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi

In today era every persone can make yourself fit. They search blogs and articles that helped. If you make a site related to Body fitness, users search it. But user stay on your website when your site article is beneficial and informative. Means you have not only promote your brand or site but also explain some tips that help people to make fit and healthy. This is important after this people follow your site and engaged with you.

I do body weight training because my room is too small along with the rest of my apartment and my cash is limited so if I want weight, currently my own body weight provides a good challenge and saves space and money, pretty good for when I can't make it to the gym.

Bodyweight training is more a natural movement to improved inner strength and conititioning.

I do bodyweight training because it's the cheapest, most convenient and effective exercise method that suits my lifestyle.

I don't like isolation exercises and bodyweight training usually involves more muscle groups which improves overall coordination and conditioning.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

For me I'll do to look fit. And I am a fitness trainer so its my profession also.

Simple, easy to do and can be done anywhere

Why Bodyweight Training Is the Best

1. It's a super-efficient workout.
    Research suggests high-output, bodyweight-based exercises like plyometrics yield awesome fitness gains in short durations. Since there's no equipment involved, bodyweight workouts make it easy to transition from one move to the next with little rest. And you've probably already heard that those short-but-intense HIIT workouts can yield major results.

2. It can combine cardio and strength training
    Performing quick cardio sessions (such as 60 seconds of burpees or high-knees) between strength movements (such as a set of push-ups or lunges) will keep the heart pumping while still encouraging muscle and strength development.

3. You can burn fat—fast.
    Just a few minutes of a bodyweight circuit training can have a major impact on the body's metabolism. If you've ever heard of the afterburn effect, you know that even when your workout is over, your body can still be revved for hours to come.

4. At any fitness level, it's challenging.
    Bodyweight exercises are great because they're easily modified to challenge anyone. Adding extra reps, performing the exercises faster or super slowly, taking shorter breaks, or adding a ballistic movement (like a clap at the top of each push-up) are just a few ways to make the simplest workout tougher. And with each added modification, your progress is obvious.

5. You'll gain core strength.
    Your core is more than just six-pack abs. In fact, at least twenty-nine muscles make up the trunk of the body, and many simple bodyweight movements can be used to engage all of them. Such exercises won't just give you tighter abs, you'll also gain better posture, relieve lower back stress, and improve overall performance.

6. It can increase your flexibility.
    13 Reasons to Start Bodyweight Training
    PIN IT
    Not everyone who does regular resistance training has to end up with tight muscles and inflexible joints. Bodyweight training can go hand-in-hand with building strength and flexibility. Completing bodyweight exercises through a full range of motion ensures your joints are moving freely. Plus, it can lead to improved posture and might reduce the chance of exercise-related injury. Yoga, the fave no-equipment workout for many, is another great way to to improve flexibility while also significantly improving strength.

7. There's never an excuse to not workout.
    Ask someone why they don't exercise, and chances are they have "no time" or it's "inconvenient." Luckily bodyweight exercises eliminate those common obstacles. When you only need a little space, it's easy to squeeze in workouts wherever you are. Exercising without equipment can also be used as a stress reliever whether you're working at home or on the road.

8. You'll achieve better balance.
    When it comes to this type of training, sometimes increasing resistance means increasing balance, too. For example, a normal squat can be ramped up by swapping in a single-leg squat (a.k.a. a pistol squat). Functional movements like that one can improve balance through increased body awareness and control.

9. You'll never get bored.
    It can be easy to get stuck in a workout rut of treadmills, bicep curls, lat pull-downs, and bench presses. That's why bodyweight training can be so refreshing: There are countless exercise variations that can spice up any workout routine. Working with a variety of exercises not only relieves boredom, it can also help break plateaus and spark further progress.

10. Mixing up your workout is easy.
    13 Reasons to Start Bodyweight Training
    PIN IT
    Indoor excercise isn't for everyone. Luckily you can do these moves inside or outdoors, alone or with a group of friends. Think about adding some strength moves to your next park run, or finishing a swim session with a quick bodyweight circuit to keep things interesting.

11. It's free.
    Gym memberships and boutique classes can quickly add up—but bodyweight training is free. Experts cite the low cost of bodyweight training as key to its rise in popularity.

12. It can help with injury prevention.
    Injury is one of the main reasons people stop working out, so preventing those aches and pains should be a big priority. Bodyweight exercises are generally safe for any exerciser regardless of experience, age, or fitness level. Many simple bodyweight movements can actually be an effective option for rehabilitation, even for those with significant impairments.

13. You'll see results.
    Bodyweight exercises get results partly because they involve compound movements—meaning numerous joints and muscles are engaged in each move. Compound exercises such as push-ups and lunges have been shown to be extremely effective for strength gains and performance improvements. And research shows improved core strength (see No. 5 above) translates to improved strength gains throughout the entire body.

The Takeaway

While there's no universal "best" way to exercise for everyone, bodyweight movements offer lots of benefits, especially if you're new to resistance training. Whether you're at home, at the gym, or even in a hotel room, bodyweight training is one tool that can be helpful to all levels in every setting.

Hi guys

i am new in this group. Thanks for sharing your though i think it's very easy for me.

Hi guys

i am new in this group. Thanks for sharing your though i think it's very easy for me.