Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

Thread: Getting healthy

Getting healthy

Hey, my name is Daniel.

I would love to get some help with a simple training regime at home, coz I can't afford a gym membership.
    I'll start by saying, that I have an injury in my left hip joint, that prevents me from running (although I can use a jump rope) and weight lifting. I am looking for a simple training reigme, just to stay healthy and loose some weight, I don't need muscle building exercises.
    I used to do a 45-60 min workout that started with stretching and warmup, jump rope and then intervals of crunches, situps, planking and pushups.
    Should I continue this? I am open for suggestions.

Thank you a lot.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

You can try with circuit training, it's pretty simple. You can choose 5 exercises and move from one to another without rest. After finishing all 5 you completed a circle, which you can repeat as long as you like, depending on your fitness level.

For example, you can try 5 exercises and repeat them for 5 times and then rest.

All exercises should be aiming for different part of the body, legs-back-chest-arms-abs.

Circuit workouts often combine cardio and strength moves, providing a fantastic total-body workout.

Or something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgdUCI07fkE
    Last edited by Mathews McGarry ; Oct. 24/16 at 02:30 AM.

I think its will help you if you starts Yoga as soon as possible...It is risk less and also a cost less exercise...

Your hip may cause you problems with high impact activities such as jump rope. I agree a circuit could work well for you as could HIIT intervals. You can create HIIT intervals that are low impact: moving lunges/forward and back as well as side-to-side, side stepping squats/banded or not, sumo squats with toe rise/add a overhead press, kettle bell swings, battle rope work, high step ups, stair climbs, Burpies without the jump, etc. There are lots of ways to add cardio work into your routine without the impact. Good luck!