Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community
Fitness.com The Global Fitness Community

How can I lose muscle mass and fat?

So basically the title says it all. I need to lose muscle mass and fat in both my stomach and my thighs. I am 5'4 and I weigh around 128 pound, my legs are a mixture of flab and tone and its extremely disheartening. I have been working out for about a year but only consistently for 6 months and I've seen no results. I also eat pretty clean. Everything I read says to do long running sessions to reduce muscle but i dont have a treadmill to run on. I really need help with this because having this problem is causing my depression to worsen (just as I was getting better too) so any help on how to lose muscle mass and fat is much appreciated.

Hi QueenofSpades,

take a look here:
    is it possible to be allergic to sweat

Eat spicy foods and drink green tea. ...
    Get a moderate amount of sun. ...
    Eat the right foods.

Eat spicy foods and drink green tea. ...
    Get a moderate amount of sun. ...
    Eat the right foods.

4 Moves To Slim Your Hips And Thighs & Top 4 Breathing Exercises to Lose Belly Fat

Move 1: Seated Pillow Squeeze (works on inner thighs) : Sit on a sturdy chair (one without wheels). Rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90-degree angles. Place a pillow between

your thighs. Exhale as you squeeze the pillow between your thighs, as if you were trying to squeeze the stuffing out of the pillow. Hold for 1 minute as you breathe normally. Release and proceed

to Move 2.

Move 2: Seated Hand Push (works outer thighs and hips) : Sit on a sturdy chair. Rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90-degree angles. Place your palms on the outsides of your

knees. While keeping your palms and arms stationary, push your knees outward against your palms, as if you were trying to push your palms away. At the same time, press inward with your

hands, preventing your thighs from pushing them outward. Hold this isometric contraction for 1 minute, breathing normally. Release and proceed to Move 3.

Move 3: Seated Leg Raise (works fronts of the thighs) : Sit on a sturdy chair. Rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90-degree angles. Rest your hands on the chair at your sides.

Exhale as you lift and extend your right leg. Hold for 30 seconds as you breathe normally. Then inhale as you lower your right leg and exhale as you repeat with your left leg. Hold for 30 seconds

while breathing normally. Release and proceed to Move 4.

Move 4: Seated Bridge (works the backs of the thigh and rear end) : Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair. Rest your feet on the floor with your knees bent at 90-degree angles. Rest your palms on the

chair at your sides. Exhale as you lift your hips, allowing your palms and feet to support your body weight. Continue to lift your hips until your body resembles the shape of a bridge. Hold for 20

to 60 seconds while breathing normally. Release and return to Move 1. Repeat Moves 1-4 once more, and you're done.

https://training.fitness.com/showthread.php?t=81662

Breathing Exercises to Lose Belly Fat

1. Diaphragm Breathing :- you need to first lie down on your back. Start breathing and observe your chest and stomach move up and down. Continue breathing, but make your breathes deeper

and deeper for each inhalation and exhalation. You can practice this style of breathing at any time of the day.

2. Deep Breathes : Deep breathing works as good as abdominal exercises to lose belly fat. It is the basic pranayama exercises used frequently in yoga as well. You need to spend at least 15 to 20

minutes on this exercise every day. This deep breathing exercise will boost the intake of oxygen and is great to burn down calories.

To begin this exercise, you need to sit straight on the chair or the floor with your back to the wall. Place your palms on your lap and close your eyes. Stop thinking about everything and

concentrate on your breathing. Breathe normally for the first 4 minutes. Meditate. Take deep breathes by counting from 1 to 4 while inhaling and 1 to 6 while exhaling. Repeat the same for

another 10 minutes, you will surely feel refreshed and satisfied.

3. Shining the Skull Breathing: This is undoubtedly the best exercise for losing belly fat that also strengthens the muscles in the stomach and relieves respiratory problems, cold, eyestrain, and

other allergies. You need to sit in a comfortable position and inhale completely. Hold your stomach muscles in completely, while you exhale. Repeat the same for 30 seconds and come back to

normal breathing for 3 seconds. Repeat the same breathing exercise three times.

4. Belly Breathing: Belly breathing focuses on the diaphragm and the muscles below the lungs and is the best type of yoga for weight loss. This exercise is usually used to boost up stamina and

energy; it is also used to cure anxiety disorders. Your goal should be to breathe like this all the time, every day.

You can sit or a chair, lie on your back or even stand up straight. Your first step is to calm your mind and forget about all the worries and problems. Just let go of any thought that pops into your

head. Place your hand on your tummy, your thumb should be near your belly button. Breathe deeply, make sure that your chest doesn?t rise, and allow your abdomen to expand.

Hi QueenofSpades,

take a look here:
    is it possible to be allergic to sweat