If you have trouble sleeping at all then it may not be the best thing as it has shown to negativly effect people with insomnia. However if you knock out like a log as some do then go for it. There are various pros and cons to working out at anytime of the day or night, but i say if your working and and enjoying it then its not as important what time you do it. Here are some intresting pros and cons of an evening workout.
• For most people, body temperature and hormone levels peak at 6 pm. Exercising 3 hours before or after the peak will give your your best workout for both endurance and building muscle.
• Muscles are warm and flexible.
• Perceived exertion is low - how hard you feel yourself to be working at exercise. So you may be able to work out harder or faster.
• Can help regulate the amount of food you feel like eating for dinner.
• Stress relief after a day at work, school, or home.
• Distractions and other commitments make keep you from walking and exercising at the appointed times.
• Need to allow one to three hours to wind down after walking or exercise to be able to fall asleep.
• If you discover sleeping problems, need to schedule your workout earlier.